Monday, August 10, 2009

WINTER is finally leaving






Winter, yes winter...Although not as cold as a PA winter, it would get down to or below freezing during the nights. In the past week, the weather has suddenly changed and is much warmer during the daytime. There was frost on the ground many mornings as I got up to run with Kathryn. And on a normal day, I've been wearing a lot of layers. Typically, two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, a t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, 2 fleeces, gloves, hat, and scarf--and sometimes I was still cold! Many blankets and heavy wool socks at night kept me surviving the cold nights in an unheated house. Despite the cold, the sun almost always came out all day long. Above are pictures of frost on the river banks, frost on some trees, and the layers I have been wearing. I am glad that warmer weather is upon us...BYE BYE Winter!

No comments: